Sunday, June 19, 2011

Radio Land



The Spring 2011 SAN GABRIEL VALLEY POETRY QUARTERLY

is out. And I am one lucky fella to have a poem featured in it along

with 50 other poets. Below is my poem that is in the new issue of

the San Gabriel Quarterly:

RADIO LAND


It was a slow and quiet Saturday night
I listened to the radio for a time
When I climbed into bed I realized I left it on
I was too tired, in need of sleep
So I closed my eyes
Night swallowed me whole
the house sailed west on a wave of dreams
When I woke up
I felt a kinship to the voices
After that night, I slept with the Radio,
talked to the radio,
Disagreed with the radio
I believed in a far-a-way Radio land that I would never
find, doomed to only prowl the air waves forever, ever seeking
some magic channel
For now I would have to settle for just listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment